« Home | Picked up a Alesis Micron » | Cables .. I hate buying cables.. » | This gives me all kinds of ideas.. » | Ready To Hunt... For Dancers? » | Cheap Case .. But Hard as Nails » | The Hunt for Records.. » | EA-1 Back Up And Running... » | EA-1 Parts Are Here! » | Protect Your Gear » | New Toy Came Today »

Been busy

So I finally got all my gear, minus the DJ equipment, to my parents house. They gave me a room to setup as a studio. I started this project 3 weeks ago and helped my dad empty out the room and start to prep the walls for paint. Last weekend I went to Lowe's and bought some dark gray flat paint and started rolling. It really darkened the room, this is what I wanted to achieve, and now its time for some cool mood lighting. I want to make a calm workplace with minimal distractions. My father is a great guitar player but has a very busy schedule and needs a place where he can just walk in and play.

I moved my desk in and started assembling my 3 tier keyboard stand. I bought a small rolling cart for my Akai MPC-2000 but I'm not sure if its going to be sturdy enough for it. I have 3 more keyboards that need a place to sit but I'm sure with time we will find a place for them. I will post some pictures of the room as soon as I can.

I remember what that room looked like before you painted it all dark grey. I am not sure it needed that, you could have left it that almond color it was and just put up posters. I think posters of Tupac, BIG, Trent Reznor, Clapton, Willie Nelson, guys like this could really get you and your dad inspired when your playing music. Plus a futon and a mini fridge would also be a good upgrade for your room. Keep lots of pudding in it for the late night jam sessions! Post pictures of the room.

Post a Comment